Discuss topics relating to Chess or other interests
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
GM Oliver Barbosa has agreed to be the presenter at our annual dinner --– he will bring his demo board.
Oliver Barbosa is a Filipino chess grandmaster. He earned his International Master title in 2008 and his grandmaster title in 2011. FIDE rating: 2517; Peak rating: 2596.
Date: Sep 8th
Time: 6:00 PM
Place: TJ Byrnes
BAL Chess - 2015-16 Annual Dinner on 9/08/2016 - details
So far you told us that about 40 are expected to come but let me know if you are aware of any changes (up or down) as I have to let the restaurant know. For your convenience, I attached the dinner list Luis and I developed based on your inputs, thanks.
· The BAL Chess dinner is on Thursday 9/08/2016 and will start at 6 pm and end around 10 pm after the awards ceremony. Trophy setup will begin around 3 pm.
· The cost is $30 per person (tips included but of course you can add if you wish). See note at end.
· Denis and Luis will be collecting the monies and posting to the guest dinner list – arrive a bit early if you can so we have time to collect before the food is served.
· The dinner will be served first followed by a presentation by this year's invited guest speaker (GM) Oliver Barbosa and ending with awarding the trophies.
· T.J. Byrnes restaurant (212.406.4551) located at the corner of 77 Fulton street in the community of South Bridge Towers located next to the South Street Seaport. You can take the #4 or #5 train or any train to the Fulton Street station - walk east on Fulton and you should not miss it. Call Denis at 917.886.4668 or Luis at 646.469.4793 if you require assistance.
The buffet dinner includes the following: (note there is a cash bar)
Salmon with dill sauce
Sausage & Peppers
Chicken in a Marsala sauce
Eggplant Parmigiana – meatless/vegetarian
Above served with sautéed vegetables and mashed potatoes
Roast Beef – cold dish
Virginia Ham – cold dish
Salads (potato and mixed green)
Assorted bread rolls with butter
Drinks - coffee, decaf, & tea and one soda served at the table
Dessert – BAL Chess award cake – 12” square vanilla and chocolate
BAL Chess League
Note: The BAL may provide a $5 benefit to reduce your cost to $25 each – we will know for sure at the dinner.