BAL Chess - 2015-16 dinner

Discuss topics relating to Chess or other interests
NewTreeNo
Site Admin

BAL Chess - 2015-16 dinner

Post by NewTreeNo »

GM Oliver Barbosa   has agreed to be the presenter at our annual dinner --– he will bring his demo board.

Oliver Barbosa is a Filipino chess grandmaster. He earned his International Master title in 2008 and his grandmaster title in 2011. FIDE rating: 2517; Peak rating: 2596.

Date: Sep 8th
Time: 6:00 PM
Place: TJ Byrnes

NewTreeNo
Site Admin

Re: BAL Chess - 2015-16 dinner

Post by NewTreeNo »

BAL Chess - 2015-16 Annual Dinner on 9/08/2016 - details

So far you told us that about 40 are expected to come but let me know if you are aware of any changes (up or down) as I have to let the restaurant know. For your convenience, I attached the dinner list Luis and I developed based on your inputs, thanks.

· The BAL Chess dinner is on Thursday 9/08/2016 and will start at 6 pm and end around 10 pm after the awards ceremony. Trophy setup will begin around 3 pm.

· The cost is $30 per person (tips included but of course you can add if you wish). See note at end.

· Denis and Luis will be collecting the monies and posting to the guest dinner list – arrive a bit early if you can so we have time to collect before the food is served.

· The dinner will be served first followed by a presentation by this year's invited guest speaker (GM) Oliver Barbosa and ending with awarding the trophies.

· T.J. Byrnes restaurant (212.406.4551) located at the corner of 77 Fulton street in the community of South Bridge Towers located next to the South Street Seaport. You can take the #4 or #5 train or any train to the Fulton Street station - walk east on Fulton and you should not miss it. Call Denis at 917.886.4668 or Luis at 646.469.4793 if you require assistance.

The buffet dinner includes the following: (note there is a cash bar)

Salmon with dill sauce

Sausage & Peppers

Chicken in a Marsala sauce

Eggplant Parmigiana – meatless/vegetarian

Above served with sautéed vegetables and mashed potatoes

Roast Beef – cold dish

Virginia Ham – cold dish

Salads (potato and mixed green)

Assorted bread rolls with butter

Drinks - coffee, decaf, & tea and one soda served at the table

Dessert – BAL Chess award cake – 12” square vanilla and chocolate

Congratulations

BAL Chess League

2015/2016 Season

Note: The BAL may provide a $5 benefit to reduce your cost to $25 each – we will know for sure at the dinner.