Rochelle Ballantyne Chess Exhibition Sat. June 24th

Discuss topics relating to Chess or other interests
NewTreeNo
Site Admin

Rochelle Ballantyne Chess Exhibition Sat. June 24th

Post by NewTreeNo »

Chess Exhibition
Saturday, June 24, 2017

20 chessboards played simultaneously by Rochelle Ballantyne at the Putnam Triangle in Brooklyn, located at Fulton St. & GrandAve. Rochelle Ballantyne is 22 year old chess player and she is best known for appearing in the 2012 documentary “Brooklyn Castle.” Her USCF rating is 1988, putting her in the 99th percentile of American junior players. Her FIDE
rating is 1912, with her highest rating achieved being 1954 in January 2012. Ms. Ballantyne is currently the African-American female in the United States who is closest to achieving the chess title of “Master." According to the USCF's rating system, she is currently an "Expert" or "Candidate Master."

Rochelle Ballantyne: “When I push myself, then nothing can stop me.”

Ÿ Free to play and free to watch!
Ÿ First 20 challengers to register in advance, or on-site on exhibition day, will play Rochelle.
Ÿ Challengers, please bring your own chess set and board!
Ÿ Check-in and registration 10:00am until 10:45.
Ÿ Exhibition starts at 11:00am.
Ÿ Sun shade will be provided.
Ÿ In case of rain, arrangements have been made to play anyway.
Ÿ Trophies go the best games played by an adult, a junior under 18 years old and best game played by a female.
Ÿ Register in advance by calling Bob Ali at 917-886-6718 or email him at seabeaking@aol.com
Ÿ Near B25, B26, Franklin Ave. or Clinton-Washington “C” train stop.
Ÿ Proudly sponsored by the FAB Alliance (Fulton Area Business Alliance) and the Kingsmen Chess Club.

If you plan to play, email Bob Ali to let him know at: seabeaking@aol.com